SternMaid – one of the best service providers for the contract blending.
Contract blending of powders
SternMaid is one of the best service providers in Germany and all of Europe for the contract blending of foods, food ingredients and food supplements in powder form. With our extensive knowledge of powder blending and the latest technology we can offer you a convincing solution for any contract manufacturing task you have in mind.
The new unit with fluid-bed technology makes a wide range of processing methods possible.
With the introduction of fluid bed technology, SternMaid will be able to offer drying, granulating, agglomerating and coating as a new range of services. It will enable us to spray enzyme solutions onto wheat flour, apply vitamins to carriers or encapsulate probiotic micro-organisms with a protective and functional shell of fat. Read more about the fluid-bed dryer.
Contract blending of liquids and pastes
Orders of about 200 litres are carried out by different blending methods at a volume of 100 m3 in heated containers. Filling is possible in sizes from 100 ml to 1,000 litre IBCs.
Quality and service
All our services meet the relevant requirements of the life science industry. Successful audits and certification according to ISO 9001:2008 and IFS Higher Level are proof of this. Several major food manufacturers have made SternMaid their "A" supplier. In some fields we work according to the rules of Good Manufacturing Practice – GMP – established in the pharmaceutical industry. Read more about our quality system.
SternMaid in facts and figures
Year of establishment
Number of employees
- Wittenburg (Mecklenburg-West Pomerania)
- Direct connection to the A 24 motorway
- max. 1 hour by car to Hamburg and 1 1⁄2 hours to Berlin
- Contract production of foods in powder form, food ingredients and food supplements, active pharmaceutical ingredients and excipients, also highly sensitive blends such as baby food, vitamin mixtures and OTC products; co-packing
Range of services
- Drying, blending, agglomerating, instantizing, coating, co-packing
- ISO 9001:2008
- IFS Higher Level
- BRC Issue 6 – Grade A
- Audited HACCP system
- Allergen management
- GMP certification according to Part II of the EU GMP Guide
- EU health mark for dairy products
- Licence to manufacture dietetic products
- “BIO” seal for organic products
- Kosher and halal management
- 3 fully automated blending lines
- 3 semi-automated, multifunctional blending lines
- qualified pharmaceutical blending line
- 1 full-size fluid bed processor from June 2012
- 1 laboratory-scale fluid bed processor
Size of company site
- 50.000 m²
Area of buildings
- 16,000 m²
- 40,000 tonnes p.a.
Filling: industrial packs
- Fibreboard boxes, drums, sacks, big bags
Filling: retail packs
- Cans, tubular and block-bottom bags, folding boxes
- Barcode-controlled high-bay warehouse with spaces for 20,000 pallets
- Computer-aided, real-time recording of all movements of goods
- 280 m³